Thursday 26 January 2012

ARTIST C215

C215


A few years back I was cycling around Berlin when I came across this stencil of an old man's face so full of character with these intense eyes that seemed to follow me down the ally, so like any itch I had to scratch it so went back the next day with my camera photographed it and set about finding out more on C215. A reclusive anti-commercial French artist who uses the stencil medium to create his work the detail employed to create these characters takes his work beyond that of stencil or graff art. The portraits of the people of PARIS, BERLIN, LONDON are more akin to social documentary so hold a far greater significance when viewing modern life through art.


                                                     SHOT IN BERLIN



                         C215 in his own words.

No comments:

Post a Comment